A molecular diagnostic laboratory roughly 30 minutes west of Philadelphia, PA is looking for an Accessioner / Specimen Processor. This will be a day shift position.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent with 1 to 2 years of experience
- Experience in a clinical laboratory environment is REQUIRED
– Prepares, delivers, and picks up items in accordance with health and safety regulations and laboratory policies to insure specimen integrity, quality patient care, and caregiver safety.
– Collects and labels specimens for requested testing, processes specimen according to established guidelines and completes documentation for the specimen.
– Performs data entry of patient demographics, diagnosis codes, insurance information and tests ordered. Performs all paperwork, technical, and nontechnical procedures required to process and submit specimens.
– Receives, handles, sorts, processes, distribute to technical department & packages specimens.
– Receives and makes telephone calls and uses computer terminal and reference guides to provide information and answer questions from clients and patients, regarding specimen requirements, test results and other client requests.
– Performs waived testing as assigned. Recognizes abnormal results and follows up as defined in standard operating procedures.
– Performs other duties as assigned.
– Prepares specimens and forms for testing at the laboratory and for transport to external reference laboratories.
– Requires the ability to do Alpha/numeric data entry at a rate of 6,200 KPH or greater.
– Verify work and assist supervisor as needed.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00am-6:00pm
Pay: $14-$16 per hour
Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, PTO
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com