Nashville, TN · Job ID: 10059 · · Industry: Laboratory Management
Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a top notch clinical laboratory in Nashville who's seeking an Accessioning Manager to join their team on the night/morning shift. The Accessioning Manager directs and supervises the activities of the Accessioning department’s workflow processes, resources, and all personnel.
Monday-Friday: 2am – 10am
The Role You'll Play:
– Provide leadership and supervise/manage the Accessioning department, make decisions, solve problems, develop and document procedures, and conduct and attend meetings.
– Manage the employee hiring process including interviewing prospective employees, developing performance expectations, and updating job descriptions by identifying essential functions, knowledge, skills and abilities required for applicable positions.
– Manage employee performance by coaching, counseling, motivating, and evaluating employees on a continual basis. Implement disciplinary action as needed and in consultation with Human Resources.
– Ensure effective employee relations by sustaining an ethical, non-discriminatory and safe work environment and establishing effective communication lines and methods. Identify and solve employee problems, manage conflict, and respond to grievances as needed.
– Conceptualize, develop and implement effective plans and programs for accessioning department; including technical, personnel, facilities, management, and quality assurance.
– Achieve budget profitability objectives through controlling costs through effective use of personnel and resources.
– Establish & execute long & short-term department goals.
– Continuously monitor and evaluate departmental operations and work flow, identify problems and utilize good problem solving skills to make changes as needed.
– Review all accessioning errors and counsel and/or retrain employees as needed.
– Maintain acceptable turnaround time of specimen accessioning.
– Responsible for receipt of specimens into the lab.
– Responsible for the scanning of requisitions and accompanying paperwork.
– Associate's degree in a related field or appropriate combination of education and experience
– 2 plus years of prior Supervisory experience required.
– 5-7 years of prior accessioning experience in a clinical laboratory environment is required
Salary and Benefits:
– Competitive (based on experience)
– Health, Vision, Dental
– 401k retirement plan
– PTO, Holidays
– Tuition Reimbursement
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
Job ID: 10059