After our 2019 merger, Lighthouse Lab Services and Elite Diagnostics became the USA's premier laboratory consulting, management, and recruiting company! With decades of laboratory start-up and operational experience, we're proud of our incredible team of scientists, consultants, recruiters, and industry experts. In a rewarding atmosphere built on character, collaboration, and growth, we work together to provide innovative solutions and extraordinary client service. We're looking for talented candidates to join our growing team. If you're up for an incredibly rewarding challenge, we'd be honored to hear from you.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the daily accounting activities of the Company including managing the team of skilled accountants, tracking and approving general ledger entries, monthly client billings and vendor payments, recording accruals (bonus, commissions, pto, etc.), overseeing reconciliations, developing and approving standard operating procedures and processes and analysis and reporting. The Accounting Manager will report directly to the head of finance and executive team. This team member will be an integral component to assist the Company in its rapid growth and help scalability.
- Manages the accounting staff who are responsible for billing, cash collections, vendor payment, payroll and monthly close.
- Recruits and hires accounting and financial staff and conducts performance evaluations.
- Coordinates training programs for new staff and identifies training needs for current staff.
- Oversees preparation of business activity reports, financial forecasts, and annual budgets.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards.
- Oversees cash management
- Review and approval of monthly close process including assurance of supporting package completeness and accuracy
- Payroll and sales tax compliance and reporting
- Audits accounts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations; coordinates with outside auditors and provides needed information for the annual external audit.
- Presents recommendations to management on short- and long-term financial objectives and policies.
- Provides financial analysis with an emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Creates the monthly, quarterly and annual financial packages including Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Statement of Cash Flows.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Establishes internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation.
- Assist in entity wide systems rationalization
- Assist in implementation of ERP and Inventory tracking system
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ll teach you everything you need to know about our company and our industry. You bring the hunger and the dedication to climb the learning curve.
- We can offer you an Excel-lent opportunity to join our team of top-notch, brilliant, funny, close-knit, and downright good people.
What We'd Like To See From You:
- A strong personal system of values and ethics.
- A go-getter attitude that suits our company mission: "To make quality lab testing more accessible."
- A willingness to not only learn and follow (particularly in the first few months) but also to lead the accounting department.
- A good grasp of payroll and sales tax compliance and reporting in multiple states.
- Salary: $70k+
- Bonus plan based on company and personal performance
- Medical, Vision and Dental Benefit offerings
- 15 days Paid Time Off (vacation and sick days)
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Simple IRA retirement plan: We will match 100% of your contributions up to 3% of annual salary
- Company-provided short and long-term disability insurance
- Life Insurance + AD&D
- Paid Professional Development Time & budget
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Company sponsored events, socials, snacks + more
- That feeling where you've Actuarily arrived in The Good Place with real ice cream.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- Experience implementing or reporting under ASC 606 preferred
- Four years or more in public accounting (audit or tax) preferred or in similar accounting role (accounting manager or controller).
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Which we realize can be Tax-ing.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance. If you've made it this far and you happen to read this line, thank you for your diligence and thoroughness. I will award bonus points if you know the first rule of The Cones of Dunshire (without Googling). Have a wonderful day and Calc-u-lator!
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#WB Job ID: 12042