Lighthouse Lab Services is a leading provider of Laboratory Personnel in the country. Currently, we are looking for an Analytical Chemistry Group Leader to join a novel public health company in Cambridge, MA.
The Analytical Chemistry Group Leader will be responsible for leading our Analytical Chemistry R&D team and its projects – developing methods for the trace analysis of organic small molecules in wastewater for public health. You will directly manage a team of scientists who will be exploring new research directions, testing and optimizing methodologies, and running pilots with our customers. We need you to develop our team, to put processes in place to ensure success, and to coordinate with the rest of the company, giving the analytical chemistry team’s perspective on products and priorities.
The Role You'll Play:
- Lead the development of new LC-MS assays in wastewater, guiding a team through all steps of the process including initial exploration, validation, optimization, piloting and technology transfer
- Manage a small team of scientists at a variety of levels, developing the team through growth opportunities, career mentoring and recruiting.
- Put in place project management best practices for an agile research and development team, including scoping, timeline development and tracking
- Work with senior scientists to ensure the technical quality of the group’s work, and identify and lead improvements in group practices and protocols
- Be the voice of the team, providing technical input and advocating for team needs with company leadership
- PhD in analytical chemistry or adjacent field with at least 5 years industry experience in developing LC-MS assays for trace level detection of organic compounds OR MS with at least 10 years of such industry experience
- 2+ years people management experience, including with recruiting and professional development
- 2+ years experience in research project management
- Strong organizational and communication skills, including with non-technical colleagues
- Ability to identify trade-offs and, when necessary, say no
- Experience working with commercial teams, product managers and software engineers
- Familiarity with software tools such as JIRA, Slack, Google Docs suite
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary (based on experience)
- Unlimited PTO
- Health & Dental
- Bi-yearly company retreats
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#CC Job #14441