Lighthouse Lab Services is partnering with an established lab right outside of Portland, ME. We are seeking an experienced Anatomic Pathology Lab Manager to join a quality-driven, customer-focused team.
- Full Time-Day Shift role.
- The Anatomic Pathology Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the Histology, Cytology and Surgical Pathology Laboratory.
- Responsible to ensure specimens are handled properly and for obtaining accurate patient identification and reliability of all patients reports.
- Under his/her supervision, both patient and Q.C. material are performed accurately for pathological interpretation and in a timely manner.
- Assures the delivery of quality department/clinical services in accordance with established laboratory, hospital and regulatory/accreditation agency standards.
- Provides direction and oversight directly through supervisors or individual contributors for laboratory operations and human resources management, including reviewing all hiring and discipline recommendations.
- Oversees all technical direction and develops, monitors, and takes appropriate action to improve overall departmental performance to ensure that the operational and strategic goals are met.
- Ensures training and competency assessments are completed. Manages budget for the laboratory site.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Combination of Associate's Degree & Experience required.
- Certification in one or more of the following: MT,MLT, MLS, CLS, CHT, CHS, CG, CT, HT, HTL, ASCP Scientist/Specialist (BB, C, H, M, MB, SBB, SC, SH, SM) required (ASCP, AMT, HEW, ABHI).
- 2 years of previous supervisory or lead experience required, previous manager experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Powerpoint required
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#MTP Job ID: 13733