Are you an Anatomic Pathology Manager and tired of your current role? Do you aspire to work in a hospital setting that will offer you the chance to make a direct impact on members of your community? If so, this might be a perfect position for you. Lighthouse Lab Services is representing an excellent health system and medical center in central Washington, that is hiring an Anatomic Pathology Manager to work with and supervise the technical and administrative members of the Anatomic Pathology laboratory section; to ensure optimal laboratory function by the implementation of quality directed/cost effective procedures; to carry out hospital and laboratory policies; to coordinate and promote laboratory information system services.
– Overall management of the administrative, histology, cytology, and grossing sections and its day to day operations under the guidance of the laboratory director.
– Supervises staff scheduling and timecards.
– Lead quality improvement processes to ensure quality metrics and compliance with regulatory and accreditation agencies are met with the highest standards
– Perform employee performance evaluations, interviews, and hires for available laboratory positions, disciplinary action and/or termination when necessary.
– Work in coordination with Medical Director and Administrative Director to ensure appropriate tests are validated, and staff is properly trained on requirements.
– Support regulatory and accreditation agency requirements and reporting.
– Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by Laboratory Director, Administration, or Pathologists.
– Cultivates an effective team of department leads by frequent and open communication with each.
– Conducts on-going evaluation of cost containment programs or cost-saving measures within the department.
– Oversees billing issues identified in department specific Epic/PowerPath work queues.
– Assists Laboratory Director in the coordination of bi-annual and mid cycle CAP inspections and responds to identified deficiencies to ensure continued accreditation. For satellite locations, is primarily responsible for the Department of Health inspections for the lab.
– Assists the Lab Director or Lab Manager as directed in monitoring staff productivity as well as competency.
– Certification in one or more of the following: CT (ASCP), PA(ASCP), HT(ASCP).
– A Bachelor’s degree in Biological/ Physical Sciences or related field with two years relevant leadership experience
– Experience in a general practice laboratory setting preferred.
– MBA, MHA, or equivalent.
– Educational background which includes basic business courses preferred.
– Documented skills with budget preparations and a general knowledge of lab procedures and lab quality control.
Salary and Benefits
– Competitive salary based upon experience
– Health, Vision, Dental
– Retirement savings plan
– PTO and sick leave.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DS Job ID: 11232