Lighthouse Lab Services is excited to be working with a growing Laboratory in Atlanta, GA! This lab is looking to add a Assistant Director of Molecular Biology to their team and is eager to find a candidate with the experience to jump right in and hit the ground running.
Out Client is looking for an Assistant Director of Molecular Biology. As the Assistant Director of Molecular Biology, you will provide leadership for a team of technical staff and serve as a subject matter expert. You are responsible for the oversight and management of the laboratory and are responsible for the scientific integrity of technical work performed within the group. Your primary responsibilities will be to provide support for the day to day operation of the laboratory. You are responsible for adhering to all regulatory (GLP) guidelines. You will be expected to lead by example and work collaboratively with your colleagues and direct reports to advance the application of rapid testing in the field of genomic testing.
Additional responsibilities, skills, and education:
· Quality, timely and accurate testing, interpretation, and reporting of test results
· Responsible for providing quality, timely interpretation services of genome, exome, targeted panel
· Give guidance and analysis for both clinical-grade and research tests.
· Provide consultation for patient management as it relates to patient testing and test results and interact with Center clients and customers to provide the best possible service for patient diagnosis and management
· Assure testing meets or exceeds standards of accreditation and compliance with local, state, and federal regulations
· Support and lead the design of quality assurance and quality improvement programs to continually improve the service provided by the Center
· Oversight of laboratory personnel and operations, and interpretation services
· Participate in the interpretation and reporting of DNA sequence and copy number variations
· Participate on national panels, boards, and advisory groups related to clinical genomics; present findings at national meetings related to clinical genomics.
· Perform other related duties and responsibilities
Preferred Candidate Profile:
· ABMGG board-eligible PhD, MD, or DO with certification in Clinical Molecular Genetics and Clinical Cytogenetics or Laboratory Genetics and Genomics fellowship
· Minimum of 5 years of industry experienc
- Schedule: M-F
- Shift: TBD- Likely M-F 8am-5pm
- Pay Range: Dependant on experience
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#MTP Job ID: 15636