– Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff.
– Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
– Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
– Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
– Performs other related duties as assigned.
– As Laboratory Medical Director, manages clinical laboratories with attention to professional service coverage and quality management.
– Provides administrative and managerial oversight of clinical laboratory operations including laboratory managers, technical specialists, technologists. Participates in formal evaluation processes for staff.
– Provides consultation and direction for quality management programs including periodic review of quality indicators / performance indicators.
– Provides oversight of laboratory performance, including TAT, days and times of service, evaluation, development, validation, and final approval of test methods and procedures.
– Closely monitors initial implementation of new methods and systems and timely resolution of technical problems.
– Provides formal and informal medical consultation on patient specific clinical testing.
– Works with senior management to development budget and management of budgetary considerations over the course of the fiscal year.
– Provides support and direction of strategic planning of laboratory services.
– Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements of agencies including but not limited to CAP, CLIA, OSHA, FDA, State of New York (NYSDOH), State of New Jersey.
– Directs quality management and performance improvement activities as directed by the Chief Laboratory Officer (CLO).
– Maintains licensure, certifications, competencies, and professional standing.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
– Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
– Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
– Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
– Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
– Valid NY/NJ medical license.
– Board certification in anatomic and clinical pathology (AP/CP).
– Board certification in Molecular Genetic Pathology.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com