– Develops vision for the department and executes plans to achieve vision.
– Manages and coaches lab staff.
– Remains accessible to listen to, converse with, advise, and counsel staff in a confidential manner.
-Serves as the primary resource in solving employee work-related problems and helping employees perform at their potential.
– Problem solves and addresses issues raised by physicians, employees, and patients.
– Manages the flow of the department to ensure compliance, access, efficiency and patient satisfaction.
-In collaboration with departmental management, develop, promote and re-establish as necessary operational performance levels aligned to corporate goals and objectives.
-Ensure processes are compliant with current applicable statutory and regulatory requirements and that staff are adequately trained to understand and follow current processes.
-Ensure rigor of production system allows timely identification, diagnosis and mitigation of immediate and future business, product and patient risk.
-Promote professional development of direct reports through staff performance reviews, written goals and objectives and other managerial techniques.
-Excellent and demonstrated leadership skills.
-Excellent oral and written communication skills.
-Ability to demonstrate practical applications and flexibility in adapting programs and services to meet specific requirements.
-And other duties not described above.
For Ph.D. candidates:
-ABCC in Molecular Diagnostics certified
-ABB certified with significant experience in molecular and/or microbiology testing or infectious diseases
– NY CQ in Molecular Genetics
Salary and Benefits:
– $250K+ dependent upon experience
– Full benefits
#KW Job ID #12421