The Department of Pathology is seeking a Blood Bank manager to manage the operational and personnel activities of the Transfusion Services. This position will report directly to the Clinical Pathology Operations Director and an in-depth understanding of Transfusion Medicine technical, regulatory, and compliance matters will be expected.
- Supervise and coordinate daily operational lab activities with other labs, working with other managers
- Attend departmental and hospital administrative meetings, and relay information to supervisors and staff.
- Prepare for, and attend scheduled meetings with CP Operations Director along with section directors and CLIA Lab Director.
- Participate actively in departmental initiatives as directed.
- Provide day-to-day administrative supervision of leadership team, and laboratory sections/shifts.
- Hold routine operational meetings with supervisors and laboratory staff.
- Review ordering of supplies and maintenance of inventory for laboratory operation
- Baccalaureate degree in Medical Laboratory Science, equivalent laboratory science, or in a chemical, physical or biological science.
- Combination of education, experience, and certification that meets all accreditation requirements according to the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA).
- Qualifications to fill CLIA role of General Supervisor.
- Extensive laboratory supervisory and management experience.
- Thorough knowledge of laboratory regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Experience with implementing and monitoring quality assurance plans.
- Working knowledge of laboratory information systems.
- Minimum of 10 years supervisory/management experience in a clinical laboratory discipline to be eligible for the Administrative Manager Intermediate, a minimum of 5 years is required to be eligible for the Administrative Manager Associate.
Shift and Salary:
- Day Shift (On call as needed)
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has more than 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com