Certifying Scientist/Technical Supervisor/LCMS Operator
Salisbury, MD · Job ID: 9686 · · Industry: Toxicology
A laboratory seeking a Certifying Scientist/Supervisor/LCMS operator to join their team as the lab continues to grow. This role will be responsible for performing analytical drug testing data review and analysis. The Certifying Scientist will operate LC/MS-MS equipment to perform urine toxicology confirmation (quantitative analysis) to determine the amount of therapeutic or illicit drugs in a patient specimen. The selected candidate will be conducting a review of all confirmation results to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the drug testing process, and subsequently releasing these test reports to physicians or other healthcare professionals.
The ideal candidate will have experience operating both urine drug screening and LC/MS/MS confirmation instruments as well as LIS systems. Administrative experience including SOP writing, method development and laboratory inspection preparation is a requirement as is QA/QC experience.
You should apply if you have at least a Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry, Toxicology or related field and at least two years of previous clinical experience with LC-MS. This is an excellent opportunity to join a solid laboratory business with a great outlook for the future and fantastic growth potential.
– Reviews drug confirmation data from the laboratory, compares with the initial screening data for accuracy and release the results.
– Initiates any corrective action in the lab on testing data that has been reviewed and found to be incomplete or inconclusive.
– Provides detailed customer consultation for physicians and other health care professionals in regards to drug testing methods, drug metabolism and excretion.
– Interact with other departments such as sales, customer service, and IT
– Performs other related duties as required and assigned consistent with the level of the position.
Shift: M-F, Days
Salary: $65k – $80k per year (based on experience)
– Bachelor's degree or greater in Medical Technology, Chemistry, Toxicology, or similar.
– 2+ years LC-MS/MS operational experience in a clinical setting preferred.
– Meets Technical Supervisor requirements
Must be a US citizen or eligible to work in the US for any employer. No sponsorship will be provided.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#13579 Job ID: 9686