Are you interested in taking your toxicology testing career to the next level by joining a successful and growing laboratory that will provide the opportunity to work autonomously while living in exciting Orlando, Florida?
Lighthouse Lab Services is currently seeking a Certifying Scientist / Toxicologist that has some molecular experience to join a growing toxicology testing laboratory just 15 minutes north of Downtown Orlando. This role will be responsible for performing analytical drug testing data review and analyses and operating/troubleshooting LCMS equipment. The Certifying Scientist will be conducting a review of all confirmation results to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the drug testing process, and subsequently releasing these test reports to physicians or other healthcare professionals.
Other job duties include but are not limited to:
- Loads and runs samples through LCMS equipment (Shimadzu)
- Troubleshoots instrumentation as necessary.
- Reviews drug confirmation data from the laboratory compares with the initial screening data for accuracy and releases the results.
- Initiates any corrective action in the lab on testing data that has been reviewed and found to be incomplete or inconclusive.
- Provides detailed customer consultation for physicians and other health care professionals in regards to drug testing methods, drug metabolism and excretion.
You should apply if you have at least a Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry, Toxicology (or related field) and at least one year of previous clinical experience with LC-MS certifying and releasing. This is an excellent opportunity to join a solid business in a great location. Not only do you get to be part of a quickly growing lab, but the compensation and benefits are also very competitive.
Basic Preferred Profile:
- Bachelor's or greater in Medical technology, chemistry, toxicology, or similar.
- Florida state license as a clinical laboratory scientist
- 2+ years LC-MS/MS certifying and releasing experience in a clinical setting preferred.
- Prior experience with PCR testing preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
- Base salary of $60-75k (based on previous experience)
- Health Insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- PTO and Holidays
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DS Job ID: 12126