Lighthouse Lab Services is the leading provider of clinical laboratory personnel. Currently, we are working with an independent laboratory in White Plains, NY that is looking for a Chemistry Lab Supervisor to join their team for molecular testing. This will be a day shift, Monday-Friday 9:00AM-5:00PM position. The Chemistry Lab Supervisor will perform testing and assist with the day-to-day operations of the lab.
The Chemistry Supervisor is responsible for coordinating and directing all activities of the Chemistry and Immunology laboratories in
order to achieve maximum quality of testing and compliance with all requirements by regulatory agencies. Performs other duties as
Full Time: Monday – Friday, First shift 9:00am – 5:00 pm
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Includes the Following:
-Assures the delivery of quality department /clinical services in accordance with established hospital and
regulatory/accreditation agency standards.
-Assures employee compliance with hospital and Human Resources policies and procedures
– Assures that employee competency and education requirements are satisfied as per hospital policy.
– As required, participates in the Performance Improvement Program as defined by the organization.
-Attends Management/Leadership meetings as scheduled/required and communicates hospital policies, performance
improvement initiatives and all other required information to their staff.
– Is responsible for participation in committees, task forces and projects as appropriate.
-Assures the provision of a safe employee/patient environment.
-Maintains knowledge related to the operations of their department.
– Works collaboratively with all levels of the hospital interdisciplinary team and promotes the team concept within their
department and hospital wide.
-Demonstrates positive customer service, fosters positive employee relations and assures that staff adhere to the Customer
Service Behavioral Standards.
– Is supportive of hospital initiatives and projects and functions as a positive change agent.
– Promotes a positive and professional image and is a role model, coach, mentor and resource for staff and peers.
– Directs and supervises tests performed by Chemistry technologists.
– Trains and assists technologists with specialized tests; interprets results for physicians and advises on follow-up tests, as
– Oversees Quality Control Program and prepares monthly Quality Control reports for section meetings.
– Prepares section payroll and time sheets.
– Keeps abreast of accrediting agencies regulatory standards for the Clinical Chemistry Laboratory to meet compliance.
– Documents test implementation and training for staff.
– Oversees and reviews Point-of-Care Glucose testing for the Department of Laboratories
– Maintains effective communication within and outside the Laboratory Department.
– Establishes Quality Assurance Program for Chemistry Section to include active review of technologists’ performance and
compliance, Quality Control and test results.
– Is actively involved in assisting with the development of effective utilization of laboratory/computer software to include
instrument interfacing, tests, worksheets and report formatting.
– Troubleshoots instrument malfunction when needed.
– Monitors turn-around-time for applicable Chemistry, Special Chemistry and Reference Tests.
– Performs the duties of Sectional Technologist and Assistant Supervisor, as needed.
– Develops and submits departmental goals and objectives as required by the Division Administrator.
– Interviews, hires, evaluates, counsels and terminates employees as per hospital policy.
– Assures completion of staff orientation, annual and ongoing competency and education requirements.
– Attends and participates in educational programs or activities to maintain current level of knowledge or expertise to manage
– Utilizes multiple methodologies to communicate information.
– Adheres to safety standards for employees and patients.
– Performs other additional duties and responsibilities as requested by the Director of Laboratories, Laboratory Administrator or
– Performs all other related duties as assigned.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities.
If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 844-974-1929 | lighthouselabservices.com
#BW Job ID # 15385