Are you interested in a great opportunity to flex your management muscles with an excellent and growing lab network in the great Northwest?
Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a lab company that is seeking a Laboratory Chief Operating Officer (COO) to organize, plan, direct, and oversee the company’s laboratory operations. The position relies on extensive medical laboratory experience and judgment to accomplish the goals of laboratory operations. The COO is responsible for the long-term strategic planning and short-term execution of operational activities.
1. Demonstrates outstanding organizational and leadership abilities that promote a strong work culture and climate.
2. Serves as chief problem solver in cooperation with Regional Managers and laboratory management. Regularly dealing with multiple issues requiring simultaneous resolution in a fast-paced, deadline driven and quality environment.
3. Leads, mentors and motivates six Regional managers that require weekly communications in order to effectively accomplish quality work.
4. Participates in corporate client contract negotiations.
5. Engages in strategic thinking and planning to position Laboratory operations for success 10-15 years into the future, including monitoring and analyzing factors and trends in the industry that may impact the Laboratory, and identifies and implements needed adaptations in operational strategy.
6. Be consistently curious with instincts to act decisively using logic and reasoning in analyzing strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to issues.
7. Serves as a key company communicator both verbally and in writing.
8. Ensures an active safety culture across the company.
9. Oversees development and implementation of operational approximately $60 million budget and is a prudent fiscal manager. Performs cost benefit analysis exercises in exploring new projects or business lines.
10. Allocates human resources efficiently and appropriately in order to accomplish work and serve customer needs at the highest levels.
11. Remains on top of current technologies needed to support continued growth and improved customer service.
12. Reviews, implements and monitors laboratory technology – understands programming elements, interfacing, middleware, test files, etc.
13. Partner with courier supervisor on logistics of specimen pickup and deliver to laboratory.
14. Lead and oversee talent acquisition, development, discipline and dismissal for assigned positions.
15. Consistently monitor laboratory key performance indicators and report to management team.
16. Partners with sales team and serves as subject matter expert on projects that create revenue for the company; sales, pricing, client services, etc.
17. Oversees new site start-ups, including laboratories, patient service centers, etc.
18. Development and oversight of esoteric laboratory. Maintains competence in both routine and esoteric laboratory functions.
19. Occasionally travels to worksites in states where company operates (currently Pacific Northwest) in sometimes hazardous weather conditions.
20. Understands materials management systems and provides oversight of laboratory supplies and inventory.
21. Participates in lease, property acquisition and capital construction negotiations and new site design and construction.
22. Has a general understanding of physical building elements – electrical, low voltage, plumbing, HVAC as related to instrument specifications.
23. Serves as the companies HIPAA compliance officer.
24. Maintains current understanding of inside and outside client services and client management software applications.
25. Performs other duties as necessary when the company’s needs evolve.
· Clinical Laboratory Scientist or Medical Laboratory Scientist Certification
· At least ten years of significant and applicable laboratory experience in regional reference lab with multiple locations or large hospital laboratory with multiple locations.
· Clinical and Anatomic Laboratory Experience
· Experience working as a laboratory “bench tech”
· Must have demonstrated an understanding of the technical and regulatory requirements in the clinical laboratory space (CLIA, CAP, FDA, etc.).
· Demonstrated experience with project management best practices
· Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently facilitate both small and large meetings
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DS # 13445