Lighthouse lab services has partnered with a well-established lab in Oklahoma and we are in search for a CLIA Lab Manager to join the team. This is not just your typical Lab Manager though. We want someone that is an entrepreneur as well.
The CLIA Laboratory Manager is a member of a team responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of the lab. The Lab Manager oversees all phases of laboratory testing procedures and may also perform technical or general supervisor responsibilities as delegated by the Lab Director. They are responsible for documentation of all activities and monitoring compliance with all regulatory and accreditation requirements for the CLIA Laboratory.
Key duties and responsibilities:
– Oversees the day-to-day operational issues for the laboratory.
– Supports the company in the achievement of its goals.
– Oversee all lab operations and functions, including proficiency testing, personnel, lab safety compliance, maintains lab operational workflow.
– Develops operational systems in accordance with state and federal guidelines (i.e. Quality Systems, Personnel training & competency, Proficiency Testing, Documentation Systems, Occurrence Management).
– Maintain patient and laboratory records consistent with state and federal regulations.
– Oversee laboratory Quality Assurance/Quality Compliance and conduct annual review.
– Ensure lab coverage for effective clinical operations. Participate in recruitment and management of clinical lab personnel.
– Ensures compliance and inspection readiness at all times in accordance with federal regulations that apply to the testing facility.
– Works with the Laboratory Director and Clinical Consultant(s) to create, establish, and maintain assay performance and development goals. Develops and implements assay Validation parameters, executes Validation testing & other Regulatory requirements in the lab.
– Establish and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures: general policies, Exposure Control, Chemical Hazard, Illness and Injury Prevention Program and Quality Assurance Program.
– Any other duties as assigned
1+ year of experience in a General Supervisor role (or equivalent) in a CLIA-certified laboratory as well as ONE of the following education levels (1-4):
1. M.D., D.O. licensed to practice in the State in which the laboratory is located and be certified in anatomical and/or clinical pathology by the American Board of Pathology or the American Osteopathic Board of Pathology or possess qualifications that are equivalent to those required for such certification.
2. Doctorate in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science from an accredited institution and be certified by HHS-approved Board or have at least 1 year training/experience in high complexity testing in the respective specialty.
3. Master’s in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology from an accredited institution and have at least 2 years of training/experience in high complexity testing in the respective specialty.
4. Bachelor's in a chemical, physical, or biological science or medical technology from an accredited institution and at least 4 years of training/experience in high complexity testing in the respective specialty.
– 1+ year of experience in a Technical Supervisor role in a CLIA-certified laboratory.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#JY Job ID: 14412