Clinical Lab Manager / Esoteric Testing
Palo Alto, CA · Job ID: 9579 · · Industry: Laboratory Management
Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a top-notch company who's at the forefront of genetic testing and genome sequencing. Our client is looking for a Clinical Lab Manager of Esoteric Testing to join their team to spearhead the day-to-day clinical laboratory operations (multiple sites) including Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing, Whole Genome Sequencing, and Molecular Oncology. You'll get a chance to work with Rare Undiagnosed Diseases and advance your career in an exciting and fulfilling work environment.
– Responsible for the day to day oversight of clinical laboratory operations (across two sites) including testing in non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT), whole-genome sequencing (WGS), and molecular oncology.
– This individual will serve as a point person for general troubleshooting of issues related to specimen intake, processing, and reporting.
– Provide clinical operations insight and feedback into the development and strategy of new and/or existing products and processes for internal and commercial use.
– Interacts with laboratory personnel and cross-functional teams on a regular basis to listen, inform, persuade, instruct, direct and coach.
– Ensures adequate facilities, equipment and testing personnel are available to complete all laboratory processes.
Oversees and coordinates the following:
– Verification of the test procedures performed and establishment of the lab test performance characteristics, including precision and accuracy of each test and test system
– Ensure that the lab participates in an HHS approved proficiency testing program appropriate for testing performed, or develops and follows an alternative approach to PT when approved programs are not commercially available for the analytes evaluated.
– Establishment of a quality control program appropriate for the testing performed including the establishment of parameters for acceptable levels of analytic performance and ensuring that the levels are maintained throughout the entire testing process from the initial receipt of the specimen through sample analysis and reporting of test results.
– Resolution of technical problems and ensuring that remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications
– Ensuring that patient test results are not reported until all corrective action have been taken and the test system is functioning properly
– Molecular Biology or Biochemistry related life sciences degree is required, Ph.D. in biochemistry or molecular biology preferred
– MB(ASCP) is required
– California CLS Generalist license is required
– 5-7 years of experience in a clinical laboratory setting; preferably with experience in a high complexity molecular testing environment
– Minimum 4 years of supervisory experience in a clinical laboratory
– Experience in handling and processing blood samples is required
– Must be flexible to work different shifts, such as Saturdays and evenings
– Strong skills in leading and managing change preferred
– Experience with Liquid handling automation and/or LIMS preferred
– Demonstrated ability to work both independently, following detailed work instructions, and as part of a cohesive team that together completes daily sample intake and processing in a timely manner.
– Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties to meet timelines.
– Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills are essential.
– Detail-oriented and conscientious.
Salary and Benefits:
– Competitive Base Salary (based on experience)
– 8% bonus potential
– $20,000 RSU's (vested over 4 years)
– Full Benefits
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#WB Job ID: 9579