You can be ordinary, or you can be extraordinary! The individuals who would choose the latter are those that we want as candidates for this unique and challenging lab management opportunity near exciting Daly City, CA. If this sounds appealing to you, please read the below very carefully.
Lighthouse Lab Services is currently looking for a Clinical Laboratory Operations Manager to lead the day shift with a hospital near San Bruno, CA – in the San Francisco suburbs. This isn't your ordinary management position – this role offers excellent advancement opportunities, generous base salary, and ample challenges for a serious lab professional.
San Bruno is also a great place to experience San Francisco and the Bay Area without the astronomical cost of living associated with being in San Francisco itself. If you've always dreamed of working in the Bay Area but are afraid of the headaches, this might be the job for you.
As part of this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing day-to-day supervision of personnel performing high complexity testing in areas such as Hematology, Chemistry, Blood Bank, and POCT.
- Monitoring test analyses and specimen examinations to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained
- Resolving technical problems and ensuring remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications
- Ensuring patient test results are not reported until corrective action has been taken and test system is functioning properly
- Providing orientation and training to all testing personnel
- Annually evaluating and documenting the performance of all testing personnel.
You should apply if you are a California licensed CLS with several years of experience managing in a clinical lab setting. This is a facility with demanding standards that offers a healthy challenge for even experienced lab supervisor candidates.
- BS in Medical Technology or related life science
- Current California State CLS accreditation
- 5-7+ years in a clinical laboratory setting.
- 3+ years in a supervisory or management role required.
Must be a US citizen or eligible to work in the US for any employer. No sponsorship will be provided.
Salary and Benefits:
- Generous Base Salary dependent upon experience
- Relocation assistance available
- Excellent Health, Vision, and Dental
- Life Insurance
- 401k with employer match
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
#TR JobID: 11469