What you will do:
– Collects and processes laboratory specimens according to established standards and procedures.
– Assesses the quality and integrity of clinical specimens.
– Performs and reports a wide variety of complex testing in a timely manner according to established standards.
– Participates in the maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting of laboratory equipment according to established procedures and under the direction of section supervisor
– Works to resolve instrument/test issues alone or with Tech Support as directed by a section supervisor. Provides pertinent documentation of such procedures.
– Participates in proficiency testing programs and completes annual competency modules under the direction of section supervisors.
– Completes a minimum of 12 hours CE annually to maintain California state licensure.
– Participates in the maintenance of procedural/technical manuals, and in the development and implementation of new procedures under the direction of the department technical supervisor.
– Participates in the training of other laboratory personnel under the direction of department technical supervisors. Provide direction to other laboratory personnel as appropriate.
– Participates in maintaining adequate inventory within department.
– Reports any unresolved problems or concerns to department technical supervisor and/or laboratory manager.
– Maintains phlebotomy skills as requested or required by Laboratory Manager.
– Communicates and discusses health care issues with physicians and other health care workers as required.
– Responsible for reporting and documenting critical laboratory results per laboratory policy.
– Adheres to Laboratory dress code, wears identification while on duty and uses computerized punch time system correctly.
– Adheres to Laboratory infection control practices as directed by Laboratory Management.
– Bachelor’s degree.
– Valid California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license.
– Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist
– Must demonstrate a strong attention to details and work with minimal supervision.
– Good organizational skills.
– Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with other team members and departments.
– Conduct, appearance and work performance shall be of professional quality.
Expectations of employee:
– Adheres to hospital district Policy and Procedures
– Acts as a role model within and outside the hospital district
– Performs duties as workload necessitates
– Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
– Communicates regularly with supervisor about hospital district issues related to areas of responsibility
– Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
– Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
Skills, Knowledge, Attributes for Success:
– Adaptability: Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
– Change Management: Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to
addressing problems and opportunities.
– Communication, Oral and Written: Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
– Conflict Resolution: Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
– Decision Making: Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
– Honesty / Integrity: Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
– Interpersonal: Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
– Leadership: Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
– Working Under Pressure: Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.