Lighthouse Lab Services is the leading provider of laboratory personnel. Currently, we are working with a laboratory in San Diego, CA that is looking for a Clinical Lab Scientist to join their chemistry department for laboratory testing.
Are you an experienced Medical Lab Professional? Are you looking to embark on a new challenge in your career, or start your career in Medical Lab Science? If so, we want to speak with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a Technician in San Diego, CA.
In this position you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment!
The shift is Monday – Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm and every 3rd weekend.
• Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
• Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
• Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality
• Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
• Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
• Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
• Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures
• Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary
• Assist with processing of specimens when needed
• Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
• An Associate's Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or equivalent preferred w/1-3 years of experience.
• ASCP or AMT certification is required
• CA State certification is required
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment
• Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory information systems are a plus
• High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
• Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
• Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs
-Medical, Dental, and Vision
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities.
If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 844-974-1929 | lighthouselabservices.com
#BW Job ID #15571