We are currently looking for a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS), Generalist to join a to-tier health network located in Charlottesville, VA. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist is responsible for all patient testing, related quality procedures including, but not limited to: specimen processing, test performance, and reporting test results. Tests should only be performed as authorized by the Laboratory Director and that are within the individual’s skill level as determined by education, training or experience. We are looking for CLS candidates for the day, evening, and the night shifts.
Specific job duties include but are not limited to:
- Independently performs moderate and highly complex clinical tests and accurately enters results
- Prepares and tests new reagents or controls and evaluates their usefulness; monitors and maintains supply
- Performs test calibrations and runs Quality Control material
- Evaluates the acceptability of routine analysis prior to releasing patient reports
- Accurately performs and records proficiency testing
- Initiates troubleshooting steps to evaluate testing failures.
- Provide on-going technical guidance to Laboratory Assistants. Instructs new employees as to procedure
- Maintains professional growth through continuing education
- Responsible for performing preventative maintenance and/or calibration of laboratory equipment
- Demonstrates high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining HIPAA regulations
- Follow all laboratory policies and procedures including, but not limited to, general processes, safety and quality
Salary: $23 – $38/hr (depending on experience)
Shift: Days, Evenings, and Nights are available
Minimum Requirements (For a CLS I):
- Education: Associate Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology from a NAACLS approved MLT program; Bachelor’s in Biology/Chemistry or related science
- Experience: No experience required
- Licensure: ASCP or equivalent certification within 24 months of hire
Minimum Requirements (For a CLS II):
- Bachelor’s Degree with completion of a NAACLS approved MLS/CLS program
- Bachelor’s in Biology/Chemistry or related science
- Associate Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology from a NAACLS approved MLT program
- Bachelor’s Degree with completion of a NAACLS approved MLS/CLS program – 0 years;
- Master’s/PhD in Biology/Chemistry or related science – 0 years;
- Bachelor’s in Biology/Chemistry or related science – 3 years;
- Associate Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology from a NAACLS approved MLT program – 4 years
- ASCP or equivalent certification within 24 months of hire
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#JY Job ID:14166