What you will do:
– Performs Patient and Quality Control (QC) testing, develops skills and maintains competency in routine and assigned laboratory areas.
– Maintains proper inventories and correctly uses supplies and reagents.
– Performs advanced equipment trouble-shooting and equipment maintenance.
– Ensures a smooth transition to the next shift.
– Participates in quality safety and compliance programs.
– Investigates documents and resolves problems or complaints.
– Serves as trainer and role model for Clinical Laboratory Scientist 1 staff and health care professional students.
– In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
– Bachelor’s Degree with completion of a NAACLS approved MLS/CLS program.
– Bachelor’s in Biology/Chemistry or related science.
– Associate Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology from a NAACLS approved MLT program
– 2 plus years of CLS experience in Microbiology/Molecular
– ASCP certification or equivalent within 24 months of hire
Job requires standing, sitting for prolonged periods, frequently traveling, bending/stooping, reaching and repetitive motion. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 – 50lbs. May be exposed to fumes, chemicals, radiation, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
Salary and Benefits:
- Base Salary 23 plus an hour (based on experience)
- Health Insurance
- Paid Holidays
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#JY Job ID: 13336