Clinical Laboratory Department Manager
Chicago, IL · Job ID: 9612 · · Industry: Laboratory Management
We are currently representing an company operating a hospital lab in Chicago, IL that is transforming a core hospital lab. We're looking for a Laboratory Manager who will be responsible for productivity, quality and service, strategic planning, continuous improvement, staff development and management, procedures, and developing and implementing new services in the core testing laboratory including chemistry, hematology, coagulation and urinalysis.
This position will also be responsible for technical and scientific oversight and/or direct supervision of laboratory personnel and maintenance of policies, procedures, and quality control practices to assure compliance with CLIA, CAP and other regulatory requirements within the assigned scope of testing. This position will report to the manager of the Core Lab, and all applicants must be willing to supervise and work on the bench as required. For the right person, this will be a perfect dynamic mix of responsibilities. Other job duties include but are not limited to:
- Design laboratory workflow processes and efficient testing schedules to ensure timely delivery of test results.
- Supervise the laboratory personnel through continual general and direct supervision, interactive staff meetings, time management, and workload distribution.
- Monitor the supply and reagent inventory to ensure the Laboratory is stocked with consumables.
- Assist with staying within budget parameters as well as reaching projected program goals
- Monitor and respond to monthly volumes, utilization, financial, operational and quality metrics.
- Take action on personnel and operational issues with urgency.
- Adhere to and uphold all applicable federal and state compliance regulations as well as the laboratory’s Code of Conduct and Ethical Responsibility, compliance policies and procedures, and applicable healthcare fraud, waste and abuse laws. Ensure adherence to these compliance standards among all laboratory employees.
Basic Preferred Profile:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology or related life science
- MT/MLS (ASCP) or equivalent national certification
- 5+ years bench experience in a high-complexity testing environment
- Prior experience in generalist supervisory capacity strongly preferred
- Competitive Base Salary (based upon experience
- Full Benefits
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#13579 Job ID: 9612