Join a reference laboratory providing a comprehensive range of clinical pathology diagnostic services including high scale NGS testing for clinical oncology and pharmcogenomics. The successful candidate will serve as a clinical molecular geneticist in a Genomics Laboratory. Experience and professional interest in NGS is required. In addition to NGS data review and clinical reporting and to participate in new and ongoing clinical assay development and validation. The successful candidate will be a team-player who will also work closely with the laboratory and genetic counseling staff. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a state-of-art expanding clinical genomics laboratory.
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following
- Molecular Genetics/Pathology
- Ability to interpret the clinical significance of genomic variants
- Ability to synthesize summaries on complex genomic mutation profiles
- Ability to make complex scientific judgments
- Ability to provide consultations to care providers if needed.
- Write and sign molecular genetic reports summarizing analyses, results, and conclusions.
- Works with laboratory staff to address clinical issues promptly.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of the quality control and quality assurance programs.
- Assist with Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) management, and proficiency testing review and corrective actions.
- Coordinates with staff to implement quality improvement initiatives.
- Adheres to regulations concerning safety compliance.
- Keeps current with medical knowledge as it relates to genetics and oncology and is able to use all relevant information resources to acquire and evaluate evidence-based information.
- Strong communication skills; verbal and documentation.
Required Credentials and Experience
- MD/DO and/or Ph.D
- ABP or ABMGG Board eligibility or certification
- PhDs : Florida State Lab Director license level in Molecular Pathology eligibility or certification in hand
- Experience and professional interest in NGS is required.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#BK Job ID: 9502