Lighthouse Lab Services is the leading provider of Clinical Laboratory Scientists in the country. We are currently seeking a Laboratory Manager for an excellent clinical laboratory near Louisville, KY. The Lab Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Central Laboratory, which includes accessioning and the automated instruments, chemistry lab analyzers, and liquid robotic handlers. The role manages a team of 4-5 Accessioners and 3-4 Medical Technicians. This individual will also serve as a Medical Technician backup, as necessary.
What this role will entail:
· Supervises the Accessioners and Medical Technologists to ensure they comply with company guidelines particularly related to quality and timeliness of service.
· Provides direction to the department staff in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities, and in achieving goals.
· Evaluates workload and client needs for recommendations in process improvement, staffing and/ or training.
· Interviews candidates and works with Human Resources to ensure hiring of appropriate staff with necessary technical competence.
· Conducts employee counseling and all disciplinary actions discreetly, fairly and in a timely manner, ensuring coordination with Human Resources.
· Meets regularly with staff to discuss daily operations, indicators, customer needs, problems, and changes.
· Maintains current knowledge to help with educational, technical, and/or support activities as needed.
· Handles the performance management process for the team including performance reviews and salary administration.
· Manages the team’s time and attendance.
Other duties and responsibilities:
· Must be accessible to testing personnel at all times testing is performed to provide on-site, telephone or electronic consultation to resolve technical problems in accordance with policies and procedures established either by the laboratory director or technical supervisor;
· Is responsible for providing day-to-day supervision of high complexity test performance by a testing personnel qualified under § 493.1489.
· Is responsible for monitoring test analyses and specimen examinations to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained.
· Participates in the establishment of ranges, specimen requirements for tests, and acceptance criteria.
· Oversees scheduled maintenance, corrective actions, and troubleshooting to assure result quality and performance efficiency through the maintaining of written records.
· Oversees and maintains adequate supply inventories.
· Oversees, as necessary, all specimen accessioning and computer log-in/order entry functions and work organization activities.
· Oversees specific quality control functions in accordance with written procedures.
· Assures the qualifications and validation of all lab personnel in areas of responsibility, specific tests, and/or work stations, and assigns personnel duties as necessary.
· Anticipates and plans proficiency testing of patient samples.
· Oversee and performs specific quality control functions in accordance with written procedures.
· Review QC, procedural updates, corrective actions, and maintenance records on a regular basis.
· Review proficiency testing results, taking appropriate corrective action as necessary.
· Oversee and maintain CLIA and OSHA compliance.
· Maintain all records required by CLIA for two years or longer (as needed).
· Carry out any assigned tasks and adjust priorities to comply with Compliance and lab director’s requests.
Preferred candidate profile:
· Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or related field
· ASCP certification as a Medical Technologist
· 3+ years of experience as an MT in a CLIA or CAP environment, required.
· 2+ years of experience supervising a team in a clinical laboratory setting, required
· Competitive salary (depending on experience)
· Full health benefits: health, vision, dental
· PTO and holidays
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 844-914-0785 | lighthouselabservices.com
#CC Job ID #14605