Lighthouse is searching for an experienced Laboratory Technician to work with a prominent production client. You will be working in our traveling mobile laboratory, handling sensitive equipment, analyzing samples, and reporting test results to the laboratory director.
The ideal candidate will have experience in working under possibly hazardous conditions (e.g. pathogens or chemicals). This person will be well-trained to maintain safety conditions, will thrive in a fast paced environment while providing accurate results, and will be passionate about doing work that makes things move forward.
– Optimize lab procedure and workflow in order to produce reliable and timely results.
– Adhere to and suggest optimizations to our SOPs.
– Receive, label and analyze samples (blood, toxic, tissue etc.).
– Design and execute laboratory testing according to standard procedures, make observations and interpret findings.
– Conduct experiments under defined conditions to verify/reject various types of hypotheses using refined scientific methods.
– Organize and store all chemicals, substances, fluids and compressed gases according to safety instructions and guidelines.
– Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility.
– Maintain equipment and assist in ordering laboratory supplies.
– Conduct lab revalidation runs efficiently when the lab is moved
– Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment.
– Communicate with the extended team on relevant updates and notifications.
– Work with the laboratory Director to help define and design processes as needed.
– 2-4 years proven success as Lab Technician or relevant position.
– 2-4 years experience in operating electrical and nonelectrical laboratory equipment and
potentially dangerous substances (flammable liquids, infectious bacteria, biohazards
– In depth knowledge of QHSE Systems, preventative measures and laboratory best practices.
– Excellent physical condition and endurance and ability to bend and lift objects.
– Working knowledge of MS Office suite (especially Excel) and database systems.
– Ability to work autonomously and under pressure in a fast paced environment.
– Valid laboratory technician license is mandatory and CLS license preferred.
– Degree in biology, chemistry, biochemistry or relevant field.
– Must have a valid driver's license and be able to drive/travel as needed. Ability to move/drive a large truck a plus.
– Able to think on your feet and follow through with necessary action when appropriate.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has more than 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.