We're looking for dedicated Clinical Laboratory Scientists to join our Bay Area team and help build our COVID-19 testing service. This effort is designed to provide broader access to COVID-19 diagnostic testing solutions.
The company is inspired and heartened by the tremendous public health response to COVID-19, and recognize that a similar scale of effort is needed by the biotech community to find long-term solutions to this crisis. Therefore, the company is building increased capacity to support high rates of testing frequency for our clients, offering an end-to-end, onsite testing service designed to test large communities of individuals. Performed at high-scale and high-throughput, this additional testing capacity will be essential for organizations, institutions, and companies to be able to reconvene their teams and reopen their communities.
To aid in these efforts, we’re seeking highly motivated Clinical Laboratory Scientists to perform routine testing in our high-complexity CLIA laboratory in the Bay Area. With a strong focus on quality, accuracy, and efficiency, you’ll be responsible for accessioning received samples, and completing quality control, calibration, maintenance, and proficiency testing in accordance with current laboratory procedures. As a member of the Clinical Laboratory Operations Team, our Clinical Laboratory Scientists will have a key role in ensuring the success of this important initiative.
– This is a fixed-term contractor role within our shift rotation, on a "4 days on / 4 days off" schedule (which will require some weekend hours).
– Anticipated starting hours are 8:00am – 8:00pm for initial training, with an eventual transition to either day or night shifts.
- Assist with the accessioning of received samples into our Laboratory Information Management System.
- Perform routine testing, quality control, calibration, maintenance, and proficiency testing in accordance with clinical laboratory procedures.
- Utilize liquid handling equipment for NGS library preparation.
- Maintain clinical laboratory documentation.
- Take corrective action if quality control results are not within acceptable limits.
- Inform the General Supervisor and/or Technical Supervisor of any problem or issue that affects the reporting of test results.
- Document all corrective action taken as indicated in established clinical laboratory procedures.
- Perform routine review of all clinical laboratory procedures, and update procedures when necessary.
- Oversee inventory and ordering of clinical laboratory supplies.
- Document any problems, issues, and/or information that may be necessary for other testing personnel to be aware of in a Communication Log.
- Assist in other clinical laboratory duties, as necessary.
Desired Experience and Capabilities
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in one of the chemical, physical, or biological sciences (with CDPH CLS license strongly preferred)
- Expertise in a variety of molecular biology techniques, with at least 1 year of experience working in a molecular biology clinical laboratory (or other setting relevant to patient testing)
- Strong familiarity with high-throughput automation
- Experience with Illumina and Oxford Nanopore sequencing
- High level of comfort in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Strong level of efficiency and self-motivation to complete tasks accurately and on time
- Extremely process-oriented mindset, with acute attention to detail
- Ability to work within our shift rotation, on a "4 days on / 4 days off" schedule (which will require some weekend hours)
- Ability to perform responsibilities above while standing for extended periods of time
- Eligible for heathcare plan options for assignments longer than 5 months!!!!!
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 15 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#KH Job ID #12957