Lighthouse Lab Services is the premier provider of Clinical Lab Scientists in the country. Currently, we are seeking a Clinical Lab Scientist for a clinical laboratory near Laguna Hills, CA. Candidates must be a CLS Generalist ideally with chemistry and hematology experience. The SHIFT is 11pm-630am.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Perform a variety of standardized chemistry, hematology, immunology, microscopic, and bacteriological test on both a STAT and routine basis as needed.
- Evaluates the validity of results obtained, maintains proper records of results and assists with the preparation of statistical laboratory reports.
- Follows established quality control/calibration procedures for all tests including initiation of remedial action in out-of-control situations. Ensures validity and accuracy of test results.
- Participates in proficiency testing when assigned by Laboratory Supervisor.
- Performs all Laboratory Information system (LIS) functions necessary to complete patient testing and specimen processing.
- Prepares and maintains reagents/ supplies and inventories of each.
- Performs maintenance on laboratory equipment; maintains laboratory in a clean and orderly condition.
- Uses the laboratory computer systems to enter testing data, create reports of testing results and look up test results for clients.
- Participates in the continuing quality improvement process (CQI) in the clinical laboratory.
- Works closely with laboratory administration to assure compliance with all regulatory agencies including California State Department of Health and TJC.
- Participates in continuing education programs and current technical literature to keep abreast of changes in the field.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the Director, Laboratory Services
-Bachelor’s degree in clinical laboratory science, microbiology, or related discipline
-California License (CLS or CGMBS) REQUIRED
-Experience with molecular biology and/or microbiology
-Current certification from American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or National Credentialing Agency for Labs (NCA): Preferred
Salary and Benefits:
-$60-$65/hr salary depending on experience
-Health, vision, and dental
-401k retirement plan
-Paid vacation, holidays
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 19 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#CC Job ID #15906