Lighthouse Lab Services is looking for a Clinical Lab Scientist who wants to join a growing precision oncology company near the Mountain View, CA area. This company develops advanced liquid biopsy blood tests that select suitable cancer treatments by molecular profiling.
This is a full time position. DAY or EVENING shift is available!
As a CLS, your role in setting up and being part of this laboratoratories operations would be crucial in allowing more people in the United States to access their advanced liquid biopsy technology.
Your day-to-day duties would include:
- Performing high complexity testing according to established SOPs for molecular diagnostic techniques, including nucleic acid extraction, PCR, genotyping, and next generation sequencing.
- Correctly receiving, requisitioning, processing, and ensuring proper identification of specimens and chain of custody.
- Evaluating sample integrity and adhering to relevant procedures in cases of unacceptable specimens.
- Setting up new laboratory equipment and performing equipment maintenance checks on a regular basis or as needed.
- Managing laboratory supplies and inventory.
- Participating in reagent and assay quality control and validations as needed.
- Participating in internal and external quality assurance programs.
- Troubleshooting assays and instruments as needed.
- Maintaining strict quality standards according to the laboratory’s accreditation standards, e.g. CAP, CLIA, ISO.
- Documenting all corrective actions taken should test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Preparing for internal/external audits as needed.
Preferred Candidate Profile:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences, Life Sciences or a relevant field.
- An active California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license in good standing.
- At least 2 years of experience working in an accredited (e.g. CAP) clinical laboratory.
- Familiarity with molecular diagnostic techniques, especially next generation sequencing and PCR. Experience in liquid biopsy is advantageous.
- Familiarity with laboratory information management systems.
- Prior experience setting up a clinical molecular diagnostics laboratory would be highly advantageous.
- A high degree of attention to detail.
- Willingness to ‘roll your sleeves up’ and pave the way forward for constructive progress, even when the road ahead isn’t easy!
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#CC Job ID: 14415