Lighthouse Lab Services is the premier provider of Clinical Lab Scientists in the country. Currently, we are seeking a Clinical Lab Scientist for a clinical laboratory near Irvine, CA. Candidates must have Generalist or Microbiology experience.
Utilize molecular and conventional techniques to detect the presence of pathogens. Maintain laboratory equipment, order supplies, and interact with Diagnostic Laboratory personnel. Perform PCR, qPCR and qRT-PCR testing, and participate in surveillance testing.
What You’ll Be Doing:
– Perform aseptic techniques and proper handling of infectious substances
– Interact with lab personnel, appropriate assigning test procedures for specimens, process specimens for immediate testing or storage for future testing and coordinate timing of the assays with other lab personnel
– Perform assays to detect the pathogen, traditional or real-time PCR, RFLP or sequencing of amplicons, and other methods for validation; write Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
– Maintain computer proficiency appropriate to enter results into a database and report results to supervisors and communicate with sections heads and directors
– Order appropriate materials, maintain inventory of reagents and supplies, care for lab equipment and include proper documentation of all quality control and assurance procedures
– Work independently on assigned projects
Who You Are:
– Bachelor’s degree in clinical laboratory science, microbiology, or related discipline
– California License (CLS or CGMBS)
– Experience with molecular biology and/or microbiology
Salary and Benefits:
– 100k-125k salary depending on experience
– Health, vision, and dental
– 401k retirement plan with employer match
– Paid vacation, holidays, sick and personal time
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#CC Job ID #13233