When you think of a great employer, what comes to mind? Ping pong tables? Unlimited food and drinks? Those things are cool and all, but what really sets the great companies apart from the less great companies is their strong sense of purpose (or your WHY if you prefer the Simon Sinek verbiage).
Lighthouse Lab Services has the distinct pleasure of partnering with a laboratory who treats its employees like family. A family united around the core purpose of improving the lives of organ transplant patients. We actually had the chance to visit them last month and we could tell they were excited about what they were doing and what they were pursuing.
This molecular laboratory is at the forefront of organ transplant surveillance solutions and they're based in the South San Francisco area. They're looking for a Molecular CLS / Clinical Laboratory Scientist to join their team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to join a patient-focused laboratory (again, with an employee-focused environment) who is a leader in its field. Joining this company, you would be a pivotal part of the organization, its growth, and the betterment of transplant patients.
A note about transplant patients: it's a rough life even after they've received a new kidney or heart or lung. They take anti-rejection drugs to make sure the the organ they painstakingly went under the knife for actually works for them. And those anti-rejection jokes are no joke. They wreck your immune system and are all around no fun at all as they take their toll on patients. But THIS lab, this lab is working to improve the lives of those patients.
Think you're up for this sort of work? We'd love to hear from you.
Night Shift: Wednesday – Saturday — 9pm – 7:30am (6 years exp req'd)
Night Shift: Tuesday-Saturday — 6pm – 2:30am
Evening Shift: Tuesday – Saturday: 12pm – 8:30pm
– Handle and process patient samples, analyze test results, prepare reports and maintain records of test results.
– May be required to accession samples into the laboratory information management system (LIMS) to facilitate sample throughput.
– Comply with quality control policies and document QC activities including instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance.
– Maintain confidentiality of personal health information (PHI).
– Identify problems that may affect test performance or results and, following established protocols, correct problems or escalate to Clinical Laboratory Manager, technical supervisor, clinical consultant or lab director.
– Identify test systems that deviate from acceptable performance specifications and follow established policies and procedures to correct operation.
– Document corrective actions are taken when test systems deviate from established performance specifications.
– Participate in development and validation of new, complex assays and technology transfer and interactions with other groups.
– Participate in drafting and developing standard operating procedures for tasks in which proficiency has been demonstrated.
– Represent the Reference lab testing, quality control and quality assurance program in interactions with other groups.
– Under direction of the CLM, investigate and follow-up on proficiency testing, quality control results and patient testing that does not meet standards.
– Perform additional duties and projects assigned by the Clinical Laboratory Manager.
– Comply with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations governing clinical laboratory operations.
– Have a CA License as a CLS Generalist or a CGMBS license
– Bachelor's Degree in a biology-related science
– Experience performing high-complexity testing in a clinical laboratory
– 0-2 years of experience are highly preferred for the Morning/Day shift role
– 2-6 years of experience are highly preferred for the Evening and Night shift roles
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
– Demonstrated analytical skills, including working with databases and Excel
– Strong interpersonal skills
– Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with other employees at all levels as well as customers and vendors.
– Demonstrated proficiency in the performance of molecular testing techniques (PCR, real-time PCR, etc.) is highly desirable
– Experience in immunology, microbiology or related fields is preferred
– Demonstrated understanding of a disease with complex treatment algorithms highly desired
Benefits & Perks:
– Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
– Flexible Spending and Dependent Care
– Commuter Accounts
– 401(k) match
– Stock Options
– 3 weeks of vacation
– 5 days sick leave
– 1 personal floating holiday
– 9 paid holidays
– gym reimbursement
– yoga onsite
– ping pong and foosball
– social hours and more!
Salary and Bonuses:
– Competitive Pay Rates (based on experience)
– Shift Differential available
– Annual Bonus Potential
– GENEROUS SIGN-ON BONUS POTENTIAL
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#WB2 Job ID: 10766