Clinical Laboratory Scientist / Molecular
San Francisco, CA · Job ID: 9604 · · Industry: Staff Laboratory
Lighthouse Lab Services is currently searching for a Lead Clinical Laboratory Scientist to join a rapidly growing, San-Francisco-based genomics and genetic testing company at the forefront of innovative microbiology science with a tremendous focus on client care. This is an excellent opportunity for independent, creative, service-oriented scientist looking to make a difference in a dynamic organization. The CLS will support the clinical laboratory testing operations to ensure that the facilities are in compliance with CLIA regulations and CAP standards. Multiple shifts are available.
You should only apply to this role if you are a registered Clinical Laboratory Scientist Generalist in the state of California (MTA) and possess a bachelor's degree in a physical, chemical, or biological science. Previous experience in Molecular testing and/or next-gen sequencing highly preferred.
The Role You'll Play:
– Supervise lab staff and involved in day-to-day operations on the bench
– Work with the software team to define new ways to use software in the lab
– Participate in the development and validation of new assays into the CLIA environment
– Work with automation and lab robotics in a production environment
– Carry out QC/QA activities as part of the company’s Quality program and commitment to patient safety by participating in the preparation of, attending and recording minutes of monthly QA meetings.
– Participate in a variety of other essential laboratory activities, including reagent qualifications, inventory management, procedure writing, inspection preparation, test validations, equipment maintenance and review of equipment calibration and batch records.
– Organize workflow to test patient samples efficiently and accurately following Standard Operating Procedures.
– Able to follow all Standard Operating Procedures.
– Support accessioning operations of clinical samples.
– Capable of identifying problems that may affect test performance or reporting of test results; and will report such incidents per SOP.
– Train new personnel in technical and operational procedures.
– Perform and report quality control results and assists in maintaining records of proficiency testing.
– Participate in proficiency testing.
– Adhere to established turnaround-times while maintaining highest quality of test results.
– Ability to work collaboratively with the entire team.
– Other tasks as assigned to help the production line and overall laboratory.
Basic Preferred Profile:
– B.S. in a physical, chemical, biological, or laboratory science
– California CLS Generalist license (MTA) is required
– CGMBS certification highly preferred
– Must have a minimum of two (2) years experience as testing personnel in a high complexity laboratory for molecular testing
– Ability to recognize problems that may adversely affect patient test results and take corrective actions to solve problems
– Strong communication skills
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Organize workflow to test patient samples efficiently and accurately following agreed-upon SOPs.
– Participate in a variety of other essential laboratory activities, including reagent qualifications, inventory management, procedure writing, inspection preparation, test validations, equipment maintenance, and review of equipment calibration and batch records
– Carry out QC/QA activities as part of the company's Quality program and commitment to patient safety by participating in departmental meetings.
– Support accessioning operations for clinical samples
Salary and Benefits:
– Highly competitive salary
– Medical, Dental, Vision, and FSA
– 401k and matching contributions
– Unlimited PTO policy
– Daily lunch service and snacks
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#WB Job ID: 9604