Lighthouse Lab Services is currently representing a commercial lab near Madison, WI that may be a perfect place for you. We are looking for a Laboratory Supervisor on the night shift (four, 10-hour shifts from 8pm-6:30am, Tuesday-Friday) who will be responsible for financial management, productivity, quality and service, strategic planning, continuous improvement, staff development and management, procedures, and developing and implementing new services in the testing laboratory. This position will also be responsible for technical and scientific oversight and/or direct supervision of laboratory personnel and maintenance of policies, procedures, and quality control practices to assure compliance with CLIA, CAP and other regulatory requirements within the assigned scope of testing.
All applicants must be willing to supervise and work on the bench as required, but for the right person, this will be a perfect dynamic mix of responsibilities. Other job duties include but are not limited to:
- Design laboratory workflow processes and efficient testing schedules to ensure timely delivery of test results.
- Supervise the laboratory personnel through continual general and direct supervision, interactive staff meetings, time management, and workload distribution.
- Remain accessible to laboratory testing personnel at all times when testing is performed to provide on-site, telephone or electronic consultation to resolve problems in accordance with policies and procedures established by the laboratory director or laboratory manager
- Monitor the supply and reagent inventory to ensure the Laboratory is stocked with consumables.
- Assist with staying within budget parameters as well as reaching projected program goals
- Monitors and responds to monthly volumes, utilization, financial, operational and quality metrics.
- Take action on personnel and operational issues with urgency.
- Adhere to and uphold all applicable federal and state compliance regulations as well as the laboratory’s Code of Conduct and Ethical Responsibility, compliance policies and procedures, and applicable healthcare fraud, waste and abuse laws. Ensure adherence to these compliance standards among all laboratory employees.
Basic Preferred Profile:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Lab Science or related life science
- MT/MLS/MB (ASCP) or equivalent national certification
- 6+ years bench experience in a clinical laboratory testing environment
- Prior experience in a supervisory capacity strongly preferred.
- Competitive Base Salary
- Sign on bonus of $10,000 available!
- Health, Vision, and Dental
- PTO and Vacation
- Retirement including company match
- Addt'l misc. benefits
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#TR Job ID: 10954