Clinical Laboratory Supervisor, Chemistry and Hematology
Nashville, TN · Job ID: 10058 · · Industry: Laboratory Management
Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a top notch clinical laboratory in Nashville who's seeking a Clinical Laboratory Supervisor to take over their mega high volume Chemistry and Hematology department on the night shift. The person in this position is a Tennessee-licensed and ASCP-certified Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) who is responsible for all night shift operations of clinical production and clinical staff in the hematology and chemistry departments. Please note: this laboratory sees extraordinarily high volume and the night shift is its busiest shift, so this role is not for the faint of heart. If this sounds like you, keep reading.
Monday-Friday: 11:00pm to 7:00am
– Responsible for the performance of clinical instrumentation and equipment to include maintenance, troubleshooting, and QC as needed.
– Assist Departmental Supervisors with operations as needed.
– Design and update processes to promote maximum efficiency/accuracy of testing and reporting and other workflow improvements on the production shift.
– Identify and correct problems that may adversely affect test performance or result reporting of patient samples.
– Adhere to quality control policies, document and maintain Quality Control.
– Adhere to established policy and procedure whenever test systems are not within established acceptable level of performance.
– Produce and interpret accurate and precise test results.
– Report test results via the laboratory computer or other designated mechanism.
– Supervise all clinical departments and staff on the night shift on a day-to-day basis.
– Assist in hiring and training of appropriate staff for the night shift.
– Maintain scheduling of personnel on the night shift.
– Complete annual evaluations and counseling statements as needed for night shift staff.
– Stock and monitor department supplies inventory.
– Exercise all laboratory safety precautions and adhere to lab procedures as stated in procedure manuals.
– Assist in establishment and execution of departmental long and short-term goals.
– Ensure safe and secure work place by enforcing safety codes.
– Assist in documentation of preliminary accident investigations.
– Assist other managers/supervisors as needed with disciplinary or counseling situations.
– Communicate with dayshift management on pertinent issues at appropriate times.
– Must be familiar with and abide by the Corporate Compliance Program and all Corporate policies, including the Privacy and Security policies.
– Protect assets of company.
– All other assigned duties.
– 1+ years of Laboratory Supervisory or Management experience is required
– Demonstrated experience in a high volume setting is crucial
– Prior experience in a clinical lab setting is highly preferred
– MT/MLS(ASCP) or MLT(ASCP) certification required
– Tennessee Medical Lab Technologist License (or eligibility) required
– Tennessee Laboratory Supervisor’s License preferred but not required
Salary and Benefits:
– $70,000 – $85,000 (based on experience)
– Health, Vision, Dental
– 401k retirement plan
– PTO, Holidays
– Tuition Reimbursement
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#WB Job ID: 10058