An excellent clinical laboratory in the Hialeah, FL area is growing and looking for a Molecular Lab Technologist/Technician to start as soon as possible. Please continue to read for more details!
DAY SHIFT AVAILABLE
**Must have Florida clinical lab license**
· Performs and interprets molecular tests
· Setting up, testing, adjusting, calibrating and maintaining laboratory equipment
· Determines the validity of test results through the monitoring and/or verifying of quality controls, standards, etc
· Follows the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results
· Processing and storing specimens and ensuring safe disposals of waste in accordance with the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and CLIA standards and other regulatory requirements as outlined in operating procedures.
· Enforcing strict health and safety regulations for working with potentially infectious and non-infectious biological materials
· Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, or biological science or medical technology from an accredited institution
· 1+ years of clinical laboratory training and/or in molecular diagnostics
· Must qualify for Florida state license
· ASCP (or equivalent) certification is required
Preferred Candidate Profile:
· Knowledge of molecular biology methodologies preferably with experience in DNA/RNA extractions, PCR methods, SNP genotyping, and/ or use of QuantStudio real-time thermocyclers
· Exhibit understanding/documentation of the basic quality control as relates to equipment, reagents, and CLIA lab space
· Ability to work under pressure
· Patience and Conscientiousness
Salary & Benefits:
- Pay is $28-$35 per hour
- Full benefits: Health, Vision, Dental
- Vacation + holidays
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 19 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#CC Job ID: 15340