Are you interested in taking your Microbiology testing career to the next level by joining a successful and growing laboratory that will provide the opportunity to work autonomously while living in exciting Orlando, Florida?
As a Medical Technologist, you will have the opportunity to perform specimen processing, analysis and results reporting. The person in this position will handle all responsibilities of a microbiology technologist with the assistance of the lead technologist. Other essential functions of the role include:
– Receive and process specimens according to department protocols.
– Design and update procedures to promote maximum efficiency/accuracy of testing and reporting.
– Assists the Supervisor, Manager, and Director with administrative functions such as ordering supplies and maintaining inventory.
– Produces, interprets and reports accurate and precise test results.
– Identify and correct problems that may adversely affect test performance or result reporting of patient samples.
– Communicates pertinent section information/issues to supervisor, manager or other appropriate individual.
– Performs instrument maintenance and method troubleshooting.
– Validates new methods.
– Handles CAP surveys.
– Addresses client concerns.
– Assists in documentation and maintaining effective department QA/QC programs and monitors.
Basic Preferred Profile:
– Bachelor's Degree in chemical, physical, or biological science
– ASCP certification as a Medical Technologist or Microbiologist
– Florida state license
– One year previous clinical testing experience in microbiology preferred
Salary and Benefits:
– $25 – $35 per hour (based on experience)
– Health, Vision, Dental
– 401k retirement plan
– PTO, Holidays
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DS # 14012