Lighthouse Lab Services is currently looking for a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) Generalist to join a tight-knit hospital laboratory in beautiful Tahoe City, CA. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist is responsible for all patient testing, related quality procedures including, but not limited to specimen processing, test performance and reporting test results. Tests should only be performed as authorized by the Laboratory Director and that are within the individual’s skill level as determined by education, training or experience. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist performs testing in their assigned areas and is licensed to provide the following services; chemical, microscopic, microbiological, blood bank, hematological and serological test to obtain data for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. We are looking for CLS candidates for both the day shift, and the night shift.
This hospital's location is a dream for lovers of the outdoors, located next to beautiful Lake Tahoe, you will be working in one of the world's most beautiful landscapes with opportunities for hiking, skiing, camping, rock climbing, and taking in the amazing scenery.
Specific job duties include but are not limited to:
- Independently performs moderate and highly complex clinical tests and accurately enters results
- Prepares and tests new reagents or controls and evaluates their usefulness; monitors and maintains supply
- Performs test calibrations and runs Quality Control material
- Evaluates the acceptability of routine analysis prior to releasing patient reports
- Accurately performs and records proficiency testing
- Initiates troubleshooting steps to evaluate testing failures. Notifies Supervisor
- Provide on-going technical guidance to Laboratory Assistants. Instructs new employees as to procedure
- Maintains professional growth through continuing education
- Responsible for performing preventative maintenance and/or calibration of laboratory equipment
- Demonstrates high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining HIPAA regulations
- Follow all laboratory policies and procedures including, but not limited to, general processes, safety and quality
You should apply if you have a Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or related science, and a California CLS license. Having a Nevada license is a plus, but not required for the position – as long as you are eligible to obtain the license. Prior experience in a clinical lab setting is a plus, but we welcome new grads to apply. This hospital will also sponsor H-1B visas for prospective employees.
Salary: $45 – $55/hr (depending on experience)
Shift: Days (Four 10-hour shifts with rotating weekends)
- Shift Differential of +2.00 on the weekend
- Excellent Health, Vision, and Dental
- Prescription Plan
- Retirement with employer match up to 5% of base salary.
- 4 weeks PTO
- Longevity Bonus
- H-1B sponsorship
- Relocation expenses
- BS in Medical Technology or related
- State of California CLS License
- State of Nevada License (or eligibility)
- Prior clinical laboratory experience preferred, but new grads should apply and will be considered!
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 15 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DS Job ID: 11512