CLS Clinical Lab Scientist, Generalist
Mammoth Lakes, CA · Job ID: 10153 · · Industry: Staff Laboratory
Lighthouse Lab Services is currently looking for a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS), Generalist to join a tight-knit hospital laboratory in the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains near Bishop, CA. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist is responsible for all patient testing, related quality procedures including, but not limited to specimen processing, test performance, and reporting test results. Tests should only be performed as authorized by the Laboratory Director and that are within the individual’s skill level as determined by education, training or experience. Clinical Laboratory Scientists at this lab get rotated on different benches, which offers broad exposure and opportunity for on-the-job learning.
This hospital's location is a dream for lovers of the outdoors. Nestled in the high Sierras, you will be working in one of the world's most beautiful landscapes with opportunities for hiking, skiing, camping, rock climbing, and taking in the amazing scenery.
Specific job duties include but are not limited to:
- Independently performs moderate and highly complex clinical tests and accurately enters results
- Prepares and tests new reagents or controls and evaluates their usefulness; monitors and maintains supply
- Performs test calibrations and runs Quality Control material
- Evaluates the acceptability of routine analysis prior to releasing patient reports
- Accurately performs and records proficiency testing
- Initiates troubleshooting steps to evaluate testing failures. Notifies Supervisor
- Provide on-going technical guidance to Laboratory Assistants. Instructs new employees as to procedure
- Maintains professional growth through continuing education
- Responsible for performing preventative maintenance and/or calibration of laboratory equipment
- Demonstrates high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining HIPAA regulations
- Follow all laboratory policies and procedures including, but not limited to, general processes, safety and quality
You should apply if you have a Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or related science, and a California CLS license. If you do not have the California license, you should still apply but you must obtain the license within a year of starting work. All applicants should also have prior experience testing in microbiology, as this hospital lab does its own micro.
Salary: $40 – $55/hr (depending on experience)
Shift: Days with on-call duty
- 5k sign on bonus and relocation
- Excellent Health, Vision, and Dental
- Prescription Plan
- Retirement Plan
- BS in Medical Technology or related
- State of California CLS License or eligibility
- Previous experience doing microbiology testing is required
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#KW Job ID# 10153