CLS / Clinical Laboratory Scientist / Molecular
South San Francisco, CA · Job ID: 9586 · · Industry: Staff Laboratory
Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a molecular laboratory at the forefront of organ transplant surveillance solutions in the South San Francisco area. This laboratory is looking for a CLS/ Clinical Laboratory Scientist to join their night shift team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to join a patient-focused laboratory that is a leader in its field. Joining this company, you would be a pivotal part of the organization and its growth.
You should only apply to this role if you are a registered Clinical Laboratory Scientist in the state of California (MTA) and motivated to get into Molecular testing.
– Handle and process patient samples, analyze test results, prepare reports and maintain records of test results.
– May be required to accession samples into the laboratory information management system (LIMS) to facilitate sample throughput.
– Comply with quality control policies and document QC activities including instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance.
– Maintain confidentiality of personal health information (PHI).
– Identify problems that may affect test performance or results and, following established protocols, correct problems or escalate to Clinical Laboratory Manager, technical supervisor, clinical consultant or lab director.
– Identify test systems that deviate from acceptable performance specifications and follow established policies and procedures to correct operation.
– Document corrective actions are taken when test systems deviate from established performance specifications.
– Participate in development and validation of new, complex assays and technology transfer and interactions with other groups.
– Participate in drafting and developing standard operating procedures for tasks in which proficiency has been demonstrated.
– Represent the Reference lab testing, quality control and quality assurance program in interactions with other groups.
– Under direction of the CLM, investigate and follow-up on proficiency testing, quality control results and patient testing that does not meet standards.
– Perform additional duties and projects assigned by the Clinical Laboratory Manager.
– Comply with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations governing clinical laboratory operations.
– Have a CA License as a CLS or CGMBS license
– BS/BA in a biology-related science
– Experience performing high-complexity testing in a clinical laboratory
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
– Demonstrated analytical skills, including working with databases and Excel
– Strong interpersonal skills
– Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with other employees at all levels as well as customers and vendors.
– Demonstrated proficiency in the performance of molecular testing techniques (PCR, real-time PCR, etc.) is highly desirable
– Experience in immunology, microbiology or related fields is preferred
– Demonstrated understanding of a disease with complex treatment algorithms highly desired
Benefits & Perks:
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care, Commuter Accounts, 401(k) match,Stock Options, 3 weeks of vacation, 5 days sick leave, 1 personal floating holiday, 9 paid holidays, gym reimbursement, yoga onsite, ping pong, foosball, BBQ’s, social hours, and more!
Salary and Bonuses:
– Competitive salary based on experience
– Shift Differential available
– Annual Bonus Potential
Multiple Shifts Available:
– Tuesday – Saturday: 4pm – 12:30am (1 opening)
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#WB Job ID: 9586