CLS / Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Night Shift)
Susanville, CA · Job ID: 9542 · · Industry: Staff Laboratory
Are you an experienced Clinical Laboratory Scientist looking for an opportunity to contribute to directly to the health and wellness of your community? Do you enjoy the outdoors and the chance to live in one of the most unspoiled areas in the country while making a great living? If so, this might be the job for you.
Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a community hospital near Susanville, California that operates as part of a larger health network. As a Clinical Laboratory Scientist in this role, you will work the lab night shift for a 25-bed facility that takes great pride in proving thoughtful care to residents in the northeastern California and northwestern Nevada communities. This position offers qualified candidates the opportunity to be involved in QC/QA activities within the lab as well as the chance to participate in process improvements in order to provide the highest quality of patient outcomes. This shift is Sunday through Thursday in three, 12-hour shifts and offers 12 hours of overtime pay per 40 hour work week.
Other features of the position include but are not limited to:
– Evaluating waived, moderately complex and highly complex test results.
– Providing clinical expertise to patient care staff in interpretation of results.
– Recognizing abnormal results or unusual circumstances and taking appropriate follow-up measures.
– Ordering and maintaining inventory of testing supplies.
– As necessary, offering input into hiring, orientation, educational needs, performance reviews and disciplinary functions of other lab personnel.
Not only this, but the hospital location – at the foot of the scenic Sierra Nevada Mountains – offers an unlimited variety of recreational activities, including fishing, camping, golfing, hiking and skiing. If this sounds appealing, and you meet the below preferred profile, we'd love to hear from you!
Basic Preferred Profile:
– Bachelor's degree in medical laboratory science or related.
– MT/MLS(ASCP) certification required, or equivalent (AMT, HEW, AAB).
– If not certification, must be obtained within one year of hire.
– California State License required.
– Previous lab experience a plus, but new graduates should apply and will be considered.
Salary and Benefits:
– $35 – $55 per hour (based on experience)
– 1.5x pay for overtime (12 hours per week)
– Health, Dental, Vision
– Retirement savings
– PTO and holidays
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#MG Job ID: 9542