Interested in taking your management and supervisory experience to the next level? Lighthouse Lab Services is currently looking for a Laboratory Manager to lead a large, high-complexity testing facility in San Jose, CA. This position will be responsible for creating and implementing all strategies, policies, procedures and best practices needed to support the optimal performance of the laboratory staff and services. The specific job duties of the manager include but are not limited to:
– Collaborates with management to optimize overall workflow of the Clinical Laboratory.
– Maintains adequate staffing and performs scheduling, planning, and monitoring of workflow
based on patient load to meet established goals.
– Procures appropriate supplies and equipment to maximize efficiency within established budgetary and quality goals.
– Supports, implements, and ensures compliance with all departmental and company policies and
procedures including but not limited to Quality and Safety.
– Responsible for validating and implementing new methods and technologies.
– Must have proven leadership, interpersonal, communication, and technical skills for all areas being supervised.
– Develops, maintains, and enforces Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for team.
– Oversees the training, supervision and work schedules of all Laboratory personnel.
– Responsible for the evaluation training, and competency of all testing personnel.
– Prioritizes responsibilities, anticipates problems and provides timely and appropriate solutions.
– Ability to liaison with other operational areas including sales and logistics.
– General maintenance of a CLIA-certified diagnostic laboratory, including responsibilities for pre-analytic operations and technical analysis
– Other assignments or projects as assigned.
– Bachelor degree in a life science (i.e. Biology, Chemistry, etc.)
– California Clinical Lab Scientist Licensure
– 6 or more years of experience as a Technologist in a CLIA laboratory
– 1 or more years of Supervisory / Managerial experience
– Proven leadership experience running a high volume clinical lab
– Previous laboratory management experience with a strong operational background in all aspects of Core Laboratory operations (i.e. hematology, chemistry, blood bank, processing,
Salary and Benefits:
– Excellent Health, Vision, and Dental
– Prescription Plan
– Short and Long-Term Disability
– Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
– Life Insurance
– 3 weeks PTO
– 401k with employer match
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DS Job ID: 11256