Lighthouse Lab Services is seeking an experienced controller / finance director to join a mid-size clinical reference laboratory with enormous potential. This lab, located near Rock Hill, SC, offers prospective candidates the opportunity to oversee financial planning, accounting, and payor relations in order to take the business to the next level.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing financial oversight and strategy to a team tasked with ensuring that all aspects of the laboratory collections, tax liabilities, and budget are optimized. This position will be entrusted with ensuring that the overall financial operations of the company keep pace with the constant shifting of financial rules and regulations within the lab industry.
Other responsibilities of the role include (but are not limited to):
- Work with laboratory operations team and sales force to create a budget and strategy that reflects growth targets and current reimbursement realities.
- Analyze financial implications of laboratory expenditures, including supply chain and large equipment purchases.
- Stay abreast of changes to reimbursement and regulation that will impact short-term and long-term strategic decision making.
- Assess various business strategies and potential areas of opportunity.
- Provide analytic support for lab-related initiatives including staff benchmarking and test utilization.
In exchange for your hard work and expertise, you will be rewarded with an ample base salary and potential incentives that will represent an impressive overall compensation package with benefits. This position also affords you the opportunity to work just outside of one of the most dynamic and diverse cities on the east coast. If this sounds appealing to you, and you fit the below preferred profile, we’d love to hear from you
Basic Preferred Profile:
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration preferred – with an emphasis on financial systems.
- 5+ years of prior experience as a controller. 3+ years of management experience or laboratory-specific finance experience highly preferred.
- Prior experience in payor relations and reimbursement strategy highly preferred.
- Knowledge of total accounting and financial management models.
- Salary of 90-110k depending on experience
- Health Plan
- Retirement Savings Plan
- PTO and holidays
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 15 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.