Lighthouse Lab Services has partnered with a fast-paced, cutting-edge clinical laboratory and we are looking for a Manger of Core Lab to join our team. You will facilitate overall functioning of a laboratory that provides services to a busy Level I trauma facility which includes oncology services, surgery programs, and other various specialty programs.
- Manage laboratory activities and overall functioning
- Support monthly financial reporting, budget preparation and ensuring the laboratory is on target to meet performance and operational goals
- Driving performance improvement by monitoring and evaluating of patient/service outcomes
Coordinates and facilitates Laboratory activities and overall functioning. Applies advanced knowledge for laboratory services, serves as a role model and resource. Assures appropriate staffing is in place according to staffing plan. Completes follow-up on issues.
• Assists Director in budget process through resource identification and service needs, evaluating and providing analysis for new projects and strategic initiatives. Identifies necessary capital budget items for Laboratory.
• Oversees financial support functions including implementation of auditing structure for monthly financial reports, budget preparation and other reports, databases and analysis. Monitors Laboratory targets vs. actual performance to meet operational goals. Assists Director with the development of financial performance improvement goals.
• Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of Laboratory service and organizational goals; "benchmarking" operations in relation to those of comparable organizations. Coordinates the performance improvement activities for the Laboratory through the monitoring and evaluation of patient/service outcomes. Implements any changes necessary to meet or exceed the Laboratory's goal and/or the requirements of external quality assessment groups.
• Facilitates staff awareness and involvement in performance improvement activities. Acts as a resource/mentor in the laboratory by assisting and encouraging staff participation in problem identification, formulation of plans and initiation of corrective measures.
• Continuously assesses and develops the competency level of staff on corporate and Laboratory competency assessment programs. Supports the on-going development and implementation of the Laboratory orientation program for new employees.
• Ensures that the physical plant and environmental conditions of the Laboratory/facilities are appropriate for testing in which employees are protected from physical, chemical and biological hazards.
• Facilitates and educates staff in performing assigned tasks in a safe and healthful manner in compliance with corporate policies, the Chemical Hygiene Plan and Laboratory Safety Policies. Assists and encourages staff participation in identification of safety issues, formulation of plans and initiation of corrective measures.
• Follow through on concerns, issues, projects, etc. to those who are part of the process/or needs follow up, is done in a timely manner and complete.
• Facilitate staff and management team communication amongst and between service area members to deliver customer satisfaction and service efficiency.
• Ensure operational functions are in compliance with professional practice, licensure, accreditation and regulatory standards. Maintain and apply knowledge of appropriate regulatory requirement (Joint Commission, CAP, etc.) at the point of service.
• Directly responsible (with support from Human Resources) for employee engagement and people management processes including interviewing and selection, time and attendance approval, providing timely feedback and performance evaluations, employee development, employee retention, disciplinary actions and terminations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Human Resources policy and procedure administration
• Safety policies and procedures
• Professional Standards applied to work
• Business and professional standards of dress and behavior
• Demonstrated skills related to management, planning, budgeting and quality improvement
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Skills to both train staff and successfully gather information needed to streamline processing
• Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving and negotiation skills
• Developing, implementing and maintaining policies and procedures
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
• Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of others
• Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form to patients, staff, physicians and management staff
• Bachelor's Degree in Microbiology or Medical Technology required
• Experience in the healthcare industry or a healthcare setting preferred Licenses and Certifications
• CLS – State of California Clinical Laboratory Scientist License required
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has more than 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com