ATTENTION MEDICAL TECHNOLOGISTS! Are you currently in a position where you’ve hit your peak? Are you looking for a position where you will be challenged and pushed to grow, professionally, to the next level? Lighthouse Lab Services is currently representing a healthcare organization in Charlotte, NC that is looking for a Lead Medical Technologist in the Core Lab that might be right for you. Ideally located between the scenic mountains of Asheville and the sandy beaches of the Carolina coast, this organization offers the best of all seasons. If this sounds like something for you so far, keep reading for more details.
As the lead Med Tech:
– Actively looks for ways to improve the performance of the team resulting in improved quality, customer service, productivity, and a reduction in spending. A minimum of 70% of each day is focused on continuous improvement.
– Supervise any work assigned to members of the section and ensure that work is properly completed and reported; all the while communicating to leadership as needed.
– Function as a bench technologist when workload warrants.
– Review the relevant laboratory reports for extraordinary results and clerical errors before they are reported to the patients’ medical record including reports on procedures processed by reference laboratories.
– Maintain an adequate supply of materials in the section.
– Train students and new teammates as required.
– Maintain, improve, and continually check the accuracy of the testing methods and instruments in the section.
– Participate in research; developing and updating existing and new policies, procedures, and protocols.
– Participate in the cost analysis of existing and prospective test procedures.
– Collaborate with other sections for the benefit of the total lab.
– Perform medical laboratory procedures effectively and in accordance with the policies and protocols in effect.
– 2nd or 3rd shift available
– Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences or Similar.
– ASCP or equivalent nationally recognized certification
– 5+ Years of experience as a Generalist
Salary and Benefits
– $28 – $37 per hour (based on experience)
– Shift Differential
– Up to 4000 in relocation assistance
– 401k retirement savings plan, plus company match
– Full health, vision, and dental insurance plans
– 5,000 dollar sign-on bonus
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#KW JOB ID: 15824