Lighthouse Lab Services seeks a skilled and dedicated Medical Laboratory Technician for a reference medical laboratory in the Tri-State area near Manhattan, NY! Under the direction of the laboratory manager and designated supervisory staff, the Medical Laboratory Technician provides routine and specialized laboratory testing in a timely manner for patient care. This person should be able to perform duties independently with minimum supervision.
- Perform technical laboratory functions including chemistry, hematology, urinalysis, immunology and / or other discipline(s) according to approved policies and procedures in which the individual has been trained.
- Report test results following approved laboratory protocols alerting clinicians about abnormal results.
- Ensure quality control, maintain integrity of samples, and maintain accurate record keeping.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and supplies.
- Set up, maintain, calibrate, clean, and troubleshoot medical laboratory instruments.
- Comply with all laboratory policies and OSHA, CAP, CLIA, and additional state regulations related to safety, cleanliness and infection control.
- Assist Lab Management as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of medical laboratory principles, standards, applications, terminology and tests.
- Knowledge of medical laboratory safety, cleanliness and infection control policies and regulations.
- Knowledge of medical laboratory equipment and instrument uses and maintenance.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Computer Skills – Proficient ability to use a computer and electronic medical record.
- Confidentiality – Maintain patient, team member and employer confidentiality. Comply with all HIPAA regulations.
- Customer Service Oriented – Friendly, cheerful and helpful to patients and others. Ability to meet patients and others needs while following office policies and procedures.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Flexibility – Ability to adapt easily to changing conditions and work responsibilities.
- Positivity – Display a positive attitude and is a positive agent for change.
- Teamwork – Work as part of a team and collaborate with co-workers.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree or higher preferred
- One-year clinical laboratory experience preferred
Certification and Licensure:
- ASCP, AMT certification or NYS license preferred
- Competitive wages
- Full Benefits, 401k after 30 days
- M-F 12a-8:30a / Tues-Sat 12a-8:30a
- Frequent standing, walking, grasping, carrying and speaking
- Occasional sitting, reaching, bending and stooping
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds, with assistance if needed
- Frequent use of computer, keyboard, copy and fax machine and phone
- OSHA Category 1
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 844-334-1658 | lighthouselabservices.com
#CP JOB ID: 15812