Do you like to work hard and play hard? If so, READ ON!!!
On the western tip of the sunny Florida panhandle is the idyllic beach city of Pensacola. It’s the perfect backdrop for an exciting leadership role in a busy Healthcare system.
Lighthouse Lab Services is seeking a Corporate Operations Director of Laboratory Services for an established and thriving healthcare system. Under the direction of the Executive Director of Ancillary Services this person is responsible for the management and oversight of laboratory departments across the system.
If you are a proven leader devoted to a philosophy of providing the highest quality healthcare services while living in one of the most beautiful locations, we’d love to hear from you.
Specific job duties include but are not limited to:
- Plan, organize, and direct department and program activities
- Develop goals and objectives and establish and implement operational policies and procedures for department and program
- Review department performance, effecting changes as needed to improve existing services while assuring compliance with hospital guidelines and regulatory requirements
- Fully inform Administration and staff of department and program activities, needs, concerns, introduction of new policies, procedures, and equipment
- Oversee the selection, training, orientation, and assignment of the staff
- Supervise, develop, and evaluate staff standards and performance
- Develop, recommend, and oversee department operating budget and provide fiscal management of department to assure proper utilization of organization’s financial resources
- Ensure operational excellence delivering services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards
- Manage various shifts
- Ability to work extended hours per week as needed and provide callback and severe weather or disaster coverage as required
- Ability to multi-task
- Composure to work and make decisions discreetly and independently often while under pressure
- Comfortable working alone and as part of a team in a busy environment
- Proven track record in management and leadership at the Director Level
Minimum Preferred Profile:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology (or related sciences)
- ASCP certification or equivalent preferred
- Current Florida Clinical Laboratory Supervisor Licensure require
- Three to five years clinical experience required
- Five to seven years successful Director Level experience in a large healthcare setting with a diverse lab team and multiple locations preferred/required
- Experience having Phlebotomy as direct reports
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience
- Comprehensive Benefits and PTO
- Tight-knit team environment
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#LK Job ID# 12873