After our 2019 merger, Lighthouse Lab Services and Elite Diagnostics became the USA's premier laboratory consulting, management, and recruiting company! With decades of laboratory start-up and operational experience, we're proud of our incredible team of scientists, consultants, recruiters, and industry experts. In a rewarding atmosphere built on character, collaboration, and growth, we work together to provide innovative solutions and extraordinary client service. We're looking for talented candidates to join our growing team. We're looking for a Customer Service-oriented person to join our Supply Chain and Procurement department due to our explosive growth. If this interests you, we'd love for you to keep reading!
Your Role With Us
Your role is CRUCIAL to our team. In a nutshell, you'll assist our company's supply and logistics team with coordinating among our various lab industry vendors in a very customer-facing service role. You'll track packages (like you already do on Amazon), you'll organize tracking systems and processes, and you'll provide updates to the relevant parties (internal and external). So anything involving tracking of the supply chain? The buck stops with you.
Some other important tasks you may be expected to perform or assist with include:
- Coordinate purchasing, warehousing, distribution, or financial forecasting services or activities to limit costs and improve accuracy and customer service.
- Examine existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities to meet product distribution needs.
- Direct the movement, storage, or processing of inventory.
- Oversee procurement and inventory for both headquarters and all off-site locations.
- Manage activities related to purchasing, material requirements planning, controlling inventory, warehousing, receiving, and procurement.
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes to improve efficiency or performance including implementing an inventory software system.
- Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with on-site and off-site locations.
- Perform monthly cycle count and semi-annual full counts of inventory.
- Coordinate the loading, unloading, moving, and storage of materials.
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, or freight forwarders.
- Monitor suppliers' activities to assess performance in meeting quality or delivery requirements.
- Coordinate all orders submitted by off-site locations.
- Design or implement supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
- Identify or qualify new suppliers in collaboration with other departments, such as procurement, engineering, or quality assurance.
- Review or update supply chain practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
- Design or implement supply chains that support environmental policies.
- Work with the accounting department to perform cash flow analysis.
- Map out client equipment on hand, owned/leased/rent, age, repair, and costs.
Experience and Expertise
- New Grads are encouraged to apply and will be considered!
- Willingness to work on-site at our Charlotte headquarters is preferred, but in this global pandemic, we will have compassion and thus will not strictly require such a commitment (however, any time you can dedicate on-site would be appreciated)
- 1+ years of customer service experience OR in supply chain management and procurement preferred
- Experience with financial forecasting and/or making existing operations more cost-effective and efficient considered a plus
- A service-focused attitude that drives you to solve problems for our customers/clients, vendors, and your coworkers required
- Exemplary organizations skills are a must!
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel considered a big plus!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Compensation and Benefits
- $14-16 per hour (based on experience)
- Medical, Vision and Dental benefit offerings
- Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Time Off
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Rewarding Company Atmosphere and Culture (not in the cliche, gimmicky way, though)
- Company sponsored events, socials, snacks + more
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#WB Job # 12423