Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a larger reference lab located in Shreveport who's seeking a full-time Cytogenetic Technologist to join it's team on the day shift.
– Day shift: Monday through Friday (9am – 5:30pm) with rotating weekends and holidays; full-time
– Perform sample set up, harvest, slide preparation and various staining techniques, detailed microscopic analysis, photography, karyotyping and FISH processing and analysis.
– Assure integrity of the specimens during all phases of specimen processing.
– Perform a variety of culturing procedures, including establishing blood, bone marrow, and biopsy cultures, monitoring growth levels, making decisions regarding feeding, subculturing, harvesting, etc.
– Assume responsibility for ruling out chromosomal mosaicism.
– Make decisions regarding optimal cells for documentation.
– Operate automated karyotyping equipment.
– Manage record keeping, maintains stock supply levels, orients new personnel in lab, and institutes new procedures.
– Coordinate specific functions with laboratory personnel in accordance with job description.
– Report any problems to supervisory personnel that might adversely affect patient care.
– Multitask and perform several duties simultaneously (this is super, duper important).
Basic Preferred Profile:
– BS in Biological sciences or related field required
– Minimum of 1 (one) year training or experience in clinical cytogenetics required
– CG(ASCP) certification or equivalent required
– Louisiana State Licensure (LSBME) is required. Client will accept those eligible for licensure who are willing to obtain within 3 months of hire
– Ability to work in a high output environment
Salary and Benefits:
– $22 – $28 per hour (based on experience)
– Health / Vision / Dental insurance
– 401(k) retirement matching
– Life Insurance
– Profit Sharing (after 1 year of qualified employment)
– Paid Leave
– Paid Holidays
– Long-Term Disability
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#WB Job # 10949