Are you interested in bringing your cytology skills to one of the best and oldest cancer centers in the US? Do you aspire to work in a lab that makes real and serious contributions to the lives of patients under your care? We we are working with a large cancer center near West Seneca, NY that is looking to hire an exceptional cytotechnologist. In this role, you will have the opportunity to perform and coordinate the testing activities of the cytology department, working with technical and non-technical staff involved in the technical preparation of primarily non-gynecological samples for cytological review. Some of your other responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
– Provide clinical support to the department supervisor and administrator
– Perform and review simple and/or complex test procedures
– Perform QC and quality, troubleshooting ensuring that SOPs are consistently followed for accurate test results
– Additional responsibilities as required
Not only is this a great opportunity to take a step forward in your career with an amazing institution, but the location for this role is also extremely desirable. Located close to Buffalo NY, West Seneca is a wonderful place to enjoy the outdoors and raise a family. Just a short drive from Buffalo and Niagra falls, there is also tons to do in the area. Given this, it's not surprising that Buffalo was recently listed by Forbes Magazine as one of the "10 Happiest Cities to Work" in the country.
Basic Preferred Profile
– New York State License as a Cytotechnologist is required
– Bachelors degree in Cytology or related field
– 2 or more years of full time cytology experience required
– Previous experience with cytology in an oncology setting preferred
Salary and Benefits:
– Competitive salary (based on experience)
– Health, Dental, Vision
– PTO plus sick leave and holidays
– Retirement savings plan and match
– Long term care insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
– Staff Development and Tuition Reimbursement
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#WB Job ID: 10769