White Plains, NY · Job ID: 9843 · · Industry: Cytology
Are you a cytotechnologist that's tired of being underpaid and under appreciated at your hospital or reference lab? Stuck in a rut with no light at the end of the tunnel? If that's you, you are going to want to keep reading.
Lighthouse Lab Services is currently looking for a Cytotechnologist to join an established but growing clinical and anatomic pathology laboratory near White Plains, NY. This role will be performing routine laboratory tests for both gynecological and non-gynecological samples. The job responsibilities require independent performance of specimen receiving, assisting at various stages cytogenetic techniques consistent with established procedures. The schedule for this position is M-F, 8am-4:30pm, which is great for anyone tired of working nights, or sick of getting stuck in rush hour traffic.
You should apply to this role if you hold a Bachelors Degree and are eligible under ASCP as a Cytotechnologist (CT). A New York State Licensure as a Cytotechnologist is also required for this position. One year or more of experience in a clinical lab with cyto experience is preferred but new grads are invited to apply and will be considered.
Job responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Accurate screening and interpretation of non-gynecological FNA and fluid specimens
- Check each slide for labeling accuracy to help insure clinician receives correct results. Errors must be documented and reported to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Review each slide to check overall quality of preparation such as staining intensity and quality, proper cover slipping, and stain artifacts to help insure diagnostic accuracy
- Review and confirm that all patient information was accurately input into computer system to help insure clinician receives accurate results. Errors must be documented and reported to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Preparation and review of cytology diagnostic reports (including capturing photomicrographs and input of diagnostic codes) into laboratory computer system ensuring for accuracy of results for pathologist review
- Compliance with all Federal and State regulations pertaining to the cytology laboratory:
- Understanding and adherence to all regulatory and licensing requirements
- Participation in proficiency testing events
- Adherence to and documentation of workload requirements
- Maintenance of accurate workload records and follow up information
- Continuing Education
- Attendance at in-house Continuing Education meetings including consensus conferencing
- Acquire a minimum of 24 hours of Continuing Education every year
- BS in medical technology, cytotechnology, or related life science
- New York State Licensure as a Cytotechnologist required
- CT(ASCP) OR eligibility
- Prior clinical cytology experience preferred but new grads are welcome to apply.
- Competitive Base Salary
- Sign-on Bonus
- Health, Vision, Dental
- 401k retirement plan
- PTO, Holidays
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.