Lighthouse Lab Services has partnered with an Independent reference laboratory located near the San Carlos, CA area that focuses on molecular laboratory testing. They are looking for a Director of Research and Development to help take the organization to the next level.
– Technical leadership and management of all R &D staff and programs related to assay development (chemistry), automation, rt-PCR and applications development.
– Directs and implements an organizations research and development policies, objectives, and initiatives.
– Work closely with operations and quality teams to effectively and efficiently transfer products from the R&D team to the CLIA lab and manufacturing.
– Consults with top management and research and development team and makes
recommendations based on research findings and product performance.
– Manages departmental sub-functions within a broader departmental function (system integration, reagent development, hardware development).
– Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
– Ph.D. in genetics, molecular biology or biochemistry.
– At least 10 years of experience developing LDT or IVD molecular diagnostic product on fully automated instruments.
– Experience preferred in the infectious disease area.
– Deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental function.
– Extensive and successful experience in product development, with a clear understanding of PDP and QMS processes. Has put successful products in a box.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com